The Get Career Confident (GCC) project provides information, guidance and inspiration to 14- to 19-year-olds in Sussex both directly and via the people who influence their decision-making – their teachers and parents/carers. Funded by the Office for Students, it is a Uni Connect programme, managed by Sussex Learning Network and delivered in partnership with Elev8Careers.
GCC aims to boost young people’s knowledge of careers and support them to develop their personal effectiveness, career readiness and employability. To achieve this, it offers:
- free one-to-one careers advice for students and parents.
- social media posts to keep you up to date with careers news.
- inspiring films such as SeeToBe, a series showcasing people talking about their careers, and How to videos covering everything from choosing GCSEs to understanding apprenticeships.
- virtual and in-person work experience opportunities.
- What Next Sussex?, a large-scale, annual, virtual careers event showcasing study, training and work options available across the region.
- careers resources and information for students and their parents
- training webinars, best-practice examples and toolkits to upskill teachers/career professionals.
- Career Share, an initiative that encourages parents/carers to engage with and support their school’s careers activities.
For all things careers-related in the region, visit the Get Career Confident website.
For all things learning-related, visit Learning4Life Sussex , Sussex Learning Network’s website that brings together in one place a wide range of links to trusted, useful websites with information to inspire, enable and support you to learn, whatever your stage of life or area of interest – school or college leaver, returner, parent/carer, careers adviser, teacher or employer.